Disability Symbol User
Merton Mencap has been awarded the Disability Symbol by the Job Centre Plus. This means we are committed to the following five principles:
- We will interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and we will consider them on their abilities
- We will ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- If employees become disabled, we will make every effort to make sure they stay in our employment
- We will take action to ensure our employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- Each year, we will review our five commitments and what we have achieved, and plan ways to improve on them.
Merton Mencap Leaflet
Download a PDF of the standard version of the Merton Mencap Information Leaflet here.
Merton Mencap Leaflet: Easy Read
Download a PDF of the Easy Read version of the Merton Mencap Information Leaflet here.
Our Volunteer Internship opportunities provide structured training and involvement in key areas of our business. Internships can be for 3, 6 and 9 months.
Volunteer Internships offer an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant charity for a short-term work placement. Our scheme enables people to gain work experience and develop the valuable skills needed to kick start their career.
Interns will be based in one of our many departments and services, working on a specific project. All of our internships provide a memorable insight into the way a busy charity operates, as well as having a real impact on our work which improves the lives of people with a learning disability and their families in Merton.
The scheme is particularly suitable for students (e.g. undergraduates, graduates) and those looking to change career.
We currently have the following Volunteer Internship opportunities:
- Travel Trainer Interns - Download the advertisement
- Fundraising Interns - Download the advertisement
For more details, including a role description and application form, please contact Kelly Bull, Operations Manager, on 020 8687 4825 and firstname.lastname@example.org