Kids First membership
We currently have over 400 Kids First members. Just fill in a registration form to access our FREE events and meet other parents
Members were asked to sum up what being part of Kids First meant to them. These are some responses.
- help when coping with the pain of a diagnosis
- all Kids First parents have a child with a special need or disability
- a friendly ear
- reduced isolation; mutual and moral support
- fellow parents tend to be more realistic and less judgemental than professionals
- feedback and advice on Special Educational Needs (SEN) issues
- access to information via the website and newsletters
- access to learning/professional speakers via free workshops and lunches
- social events
- feeling part of a positive group
- ability to influence the Borough via steering group and parent representatives
- low-demand group; no fees, no compulsory attendance of meetings.
As a member, you can receive regular updates about what is going on, including forthcoming events and new local services.
Return to the Kids First homepage.
Return to the main Merton Mencap home page