Kids First Parents' Forum
Welcome to the Kids First Parents’ Forum
Kids First is a forum for parents and carers of children or young people who:
- are aged between 0-25 years and live in Merton or go to school/college in Merton
- have a disability or special need
Kids First’s strengths are:
- we are a local group, concerned with issues in Merton
- we are run by a steering group of parents and carers
- we provide regular, free workshops, events and training to parent carers
- we influence the improvement of local services by ensuring the voice of parents is heard
We support parents and carers of children and young people with all disabilities and special needs, including mild to severe learning disabilities, complex medical needs, physical or sensory impairments, autistic spectrum disorders and others.
Find out about our free membership or join now by downloading our registration form and emailing or posting it back to us or. Download our registration form in Word or download our registration form as a pdf.
Find out about our forthcoming events, which include workshops and meetings with local service providers.
Get our free publications and newsletters.
For any enquiry, contact us.
Return to the main Merton Mencap home page.
The Kids First Parents' Forum was officially launched in January 2004 and we now have over 400 members.
In 2006, we gave written and oral evidence to the House of Commons Select Committee for Education and Skills on the subject of Special Educational Needs. Each year, over 100 people attend one or more of our events.